The formulation of sound business decisions be it in the sphere of investing, financing or operational aspect, necessitates a solid ground and a solid basis. It is true that the economic as well as the industry landscape should be taken into consideration in formulating business decisions. After going over said phase of analysis, the "financials" of a specific firm should be analyzed.
The above requires the calculation of financial ratios which could tell the real "story-line" concerning the firm's financial health; that is, interpreting the meaning of the financial statements and knowing "what do the numbers mean?" Existing and potential problems in the sphere of liquidity, solvency, profitability, and operational aspects of the firm could then be diagnosed – the prequel towards the crafting of decisions that could solve the problem and/or enhance current financial conditions.
Financial statement analysis, with all of its mathematical elegance, is not an abstract art. It should be put to use in real business situations. CPAs, analysts, business owners, and managers should have an understanding and an appreciation of the usefulness of financial statement analysis and its linkage towards the formulation of economic decisions. It is for this reason that this module is hereby being proposed.
• Definition of financial statement analysis • Uses of FS analysis from the perspective of: auditors financial analyst creditors and investors management • Context of FS analysis • Limitations of FS analysis
• Definition and importance of liquidity • Current and acid-test ratios • Working capital analysis and working capital strategies • Cash flow cycle and activity ratios • Free cash flow and analysis of the cash flow statement • Trend analysis of liquidity • Impact of analysis on working capital decisions
• Difference between and relation of liquidity and solvency • Debt ratio and debt-to-equity ratios • Debt coverage ratios • Degree of financial leverage • Trend analysis of solvency • Cost of capital • Impact of analysis on capital structure decisions
Accounting’ and ‘economic’ measures of profitability • Rates of return on assets and on equity • Du Pont model of profitability analysis • Profit margins • Degree of operating leverage • Other metrics • Economic value added • Diagnosing profitability and growth, and decisions affecting profitability
• Linking results of financial analysis to decisions: Investment Financing Operational Strategic • Financial ratios for specialized industries • Overview of fundamental analysis • Final recap and review
Click: On this page, make your reservation by clicking on the word "Reserve" on the last column of the particular seminar you have chosen to attend. Wait for the confirmation window of your reservation on the screen and take a screenshot for filing purposes.
Regular Seminar Rates:
Members in GOOD STANDING - Php 2,000/day (inclusive of VAT)
Members not in good standing - Php 2,500/day (inclusive of VAT)
Non-CPAs/Non-Members - Php 2,500/day (inclusive of VAT)
Regulators' Forum and other special seminars may have special rates which will be announced and advertised by the PICPA Training Division accordingly.
1. Cash/check payable to: PICPA WMMC
2. Online credit card payment is also accepted provided the payee completes and sends PICPA MMR Training Division an "Authorization to Charge Credit Card," a downloadable form in the FAQs section (Seminar FAQs tab above). Upon our receipt of your authorization, we will process your credit card payment and will inform you if the credit card transaction was successful or not, and if charges were made.
3. For more direct payment options, you can visit us at the PICPA MMR Secretariat office, PICPA National Office Building, 700 Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City.
Seminar schedules are subject to change. Should there be any, PICPA will announce through the PICPA website and will inform you via email and/or SMS/text messages.
1. Registration is from 7am – 8am. Seminar starts at 8am.
2.PICPA reserves the right to re-schedule or cancel seminars if the number of confirmed reservation is below twenty (20) pax. Notices of cancellation/re-scheduling will be issued by the PICPA Training Division and participants will be informed at least three (3) days before the original schedule of the seminar.
3. CANCELLATION OF RESERVATION: Cancellation is only valid when conveyed through the registered email address or through the registered mobile number. Please read "Seminar FAQs" for more details.
4. NO SHOW FEE: Reservations without valid cancellations three days prior to the seminar schedule at the latest are deemed confirmed. Those who fail to cancel their confirmed reservation within the three-day period and do not show up for the seminar will be charged Php 500.00 to defray administrative and logistical costs (food, seminar materials, etc.)
5. The Certificate of Attendance and CPD units will be issued and awarded only to the actual attendee of the seminar. No proxies allowed. CPD units are awarded per actual hours of attendance; latecomers shall be deducted units accordingly.
6. For dietary restrictions and preferences, please contact and inform the PICPA Training Division at least two (2) days before the actual seminar date. PICPA will do its best to accommodate your request, but delivery is subject to its availability.
7. As we have limited space, PICPA's free parking for vehicles is on first come, first served basis.
8. Walk-in participants will be given only the soft copy of the seminar materials via email.
FOR OTHER CONCERNS AND FURTHER INQUIRIES
Contact: Ms. Bhe-bhe Agudo
PICPA WMMC Secretariat
Tel. Nos. 723-6313; 726-9453
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com