An audit program is prepared for the purpose of prescribing the policy guidelines for selecting tax returns that will be subjected to investigation by the following audit offices: Audit Divisions under the Large Taxpayers Service and Enforcement Service in the National Office, and Revenue District Offices, Assessment Divisions and Regional Investigation Divisions under the Revenue Regions. Based on the selection criteria, which may vary from year to year, the audit offices select tax returns that match the selection criteria prescribed in the audit program. In the absence of an annual audit program, the Commissioner of Internal Revenue has the authority to make an assessment pursuant to Section 6(A) of the NIRC, as amended.
At the end of the one-day seminar, the participants will be able to articulate and apply
· Identify the taxpayer requests reinvestigation;
· Determine if there is a need to verify the taxpayer's compliance with withholding tax
laws and regulations;
· Understand the taxpayer's capital gains tax liabilities must be verified; and
· Determine the Commissioner chooses to exercise his power under Section 5(B) of the
· Obtain information from other persons, in which case, another or
separate examination and inspection may be made.
Manager at Motech Dimasalang
National Office, PICPA Building
700 Shaw Boulevard
Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines